Live your message

I want to start my blog by thanking all those who have said yes with me. Yes to living, yes to appreciating each moment and embracing each experience.

I made a bold statement to put it out there that I was going to live a year of yes and I'm not regretting it. Today marks my one year anniversary/ commemoration/ celebration (I don't know which word to use here) of the beginning of my fight against cancer. I spent yesterday (the actual anniversary in New Zealand time) experiencing Iguazu Falls and, it's not often that this happens, it left me speechless! The sheer power, force and determination overwhelmed in both a pensive and excited way. I feel so thankful to have been able to have had this experience!




I'm now more than two weeks into travelling, and more than two weeks into saying yes, and I have truly embraced it. I left a little piece of my heart in Buenos Aires; a crazy, busy, bustling city so full of beauty and fun! The colours of La Boca, Tango in San Telmo, Ferias, reconnecting with friends and making new ones has all left such a strong impression on me. I felt especially happy to be able to have a Madrid friendship reunion while I was there and embrace the path life has given me. I also felt happy to have a wonderful Parilla in our apartment with a friend we made in Santiago. A real Argentine experience.







Santiago was a different experience again. Recovering from Jetlag and other factors I found it hard to get going but loved it all the same. I managed to explore the central area and enjoy just being out and about. My first night started a love affair, not just with Santiago, but with South America as a whole. Looking out from our balcony to see the sun setting over the city centre (which reminded me of the slightly gritty area I lived in Madrid) was breathtaking.




Speaking Spanish has been another wonderful, empowering challenge. It has already started to come back, although I realise how much I have lost of my already low-itermediate skills.

It's fair to say the last 17 days has reawakened my wanderlust and free-spirit after a year of one hospital visit after another. I know those don't stop here but the break has been a cleansing for my soul!

Embracing "yes" has also been far easier than I thought. I commented to my friend last night that I don't even have to think about it anymore, I just go with how I'm feeling in that moment. It's led to some funny experiences along the way but ones I will embrace forever!

So if you haven't already done so, I encourage you to embrace "yes"into your life, release social norms and follow your soul because "vivir es lo unico urgente" (to live is the only urgent thing), a message that I really connected with during this trip.



Thank you to everyone who has supported, followed or sent good energy my way in this year!


Comments

  1. Glad to know that you have a wonderful trip so far. You should also visit Niagara Falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benson. You're not the only one to mention Niagra Falls. If only budgets and lifetimes were unlimited 😁

      Delete
  2. Meridee, Yes from me! And thanks for reminding me to enjoy every moment! Sending love xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fornjoonfor me in the year of yes Renata! I hope it's proving fun and fruitful so far!

      Delete
  3. You are an inspiration Meridee. I have been thinking a lot about embracing even the not-so-good parts of life knowing that it can always be worse! That said I still need to work on the saying 'yes' part. Thanks for all your updates. I agree- you should definitely see Niagara Falls as well!
    Will you see Diego while you're in South America?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Melissa! I hope seeing the not-so-great parts of life helps you remember itsi still life and we're ball lucky to have it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End.

The year of yes.....

Live every moment